Benjamin H. Henry email
Present I have started my own business called Magothy Networking, which specializes in the following:
- PC Maintenance, Repair, and Upgrades;
- Web Design and Hosting;
- Wired and Wireless Network Design & Setup.
1999 - September 2002 Network Administrator, Research Foundation of SUNY, Albany, NY.
- Administer and maintain Windows 2000 servers, including web, messaging, database, backup, virus scan, directory, printing and faxing services; firewall, Managed Switches; and all end-user workstations.
- Coordinate Network Administration with other SUNY Plaza offices.
- Provide hardware and software technical support and training for office staff.
- Implement and maintain system for tracking software, licenses, and equipment. Recommend procedural changes, hardware and software upgrades for Network and workstations.
1996 - 1999 Multimedia Programmer, Research Foundation of SUNY, Albany, NY.
- Design and Develop Instructional and Informative web sites and multimedia computer training programs.
- Maintain a multimedia development and testing lab including Windows NT Servers, workstations, and Local Area Network.
- Work with developers and consultants. Provide technical support to county offices.
1996 Web Programmer & Designer, Station Hill Press, Inc. Barrytown, NY
- Develop a web presence and online catalog for independent publisher.
- Maintain computer systems and established workgroup LAN.
1995 & 1996 Multimedia Programmer / Consultant, Research Foundation of SUNY, Albany, NY
- Multimedia Programming and Design for interactive CD-ROM training with MPEG-1 video.
1994 - 1995 Graduate Assistant, University at Albany.
- Develop Computer Based Training for interactive Laserdisc systems using Multimedia Toolbook
- Managed Multimedia Computer Lab
1993 Printing Technician, Jostens, Inc
- Work with a computer system to make color adjustments for portrait printing
Education & Training
1994 - Present Masters Degree Candidate, Writing, English Department, University at Albany
1993 Bachelor of Arts, Dean's List, English with a Specialization in Writing, University at Albany
1989 - 1991 Technical Communications studies, Dean's List, Clarkson University
- Strong leadership skills, Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Internet Information Server & Apache Administration
- Computer Based Training design, development and programming
- Multimedia Toolbook & OpenScript
- Digital Image, Video, & Sound Editing
- Windows 2000/NT Server
- Exchange Server
- Internet Information Server
- Backup Exec
- Norton Antivirus Enterprise Solution
- DOS, Windows 3.1, 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP
- Microsoft Office
- Front Page
- Adobe Premiere
- Paint Shop Pro
- Sound Forge
- Build, Maintain, and Upgrade PC Workstations & Servers
- Install and Configure Peripherals
- Local Area Network & Wireless Network Design & Installation
- Familiar with Macintosh, Unix, Linux
- VB Script
- Turbo Pascal